Saturday, December 28, 2013

Christmas Omens

I skipped the first couple of days because I'm a dope, but a friend of mine some of you may know brought to my attention a tradition of using omens derived from the "twelve days of Christmas" to determine the course of the year to come.

From December 26th until January 6th, one goes outside each day in search of a divinatory omen, corresponding to a month of the year. January on the 26th, February on the 27th, and so on.

She is blogging hers, so I am going to follow suit. We'll see how it goes.

http://mallowandwhitepine.wordpress.com/2013/12/28/the-12-omens-of-christmas/

Today, December 28th, corresponds to March. I stepped outside and asked for a sign. Before I had even finished speaking I heard wind chimes from down the road. I have never heard these particular chimes before.

I go to bed every night playing music including a heavy use of wind chimes as a sleep aid. I expect March to be a month of peace and rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment